Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why?


I am doing this to spread the word and raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada in honour of Mike, my sister-in-law Lea's Dad.

Lea and Mike

Mike has been battling lymphoma for the past 2 years. At one point he was cancer free, but it came back and now he's fighting it once again.

Team in Training (TNT) is a charity sports training program for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). The LLS of Canada's mission is to Team in Training athletes raise funds to help find cures.

Check out their website at http://www.teamintraining.ca/

Lea asked me if I was interested in doing the run with her and I said maybe...really meaning no. But she asked me again and even though I felt sick to my stomach I said yes. A half marathon??

Quoting Team in Training:

The physical challenge faced by Team in Training athletes is a challenge of endurance. While these challenges of endurance are something we choose to accept, they signify much greater battles of endurance being fought by individuals who have no choice whatsoever. These are the individuals who endure battles with blood cancer each day.

After reading that why would I not do the run?? And perhaps you too may be interested? You still have a couple of weeks to decide.

Once I have my donation page set-up I will add the link to my blog so that you can donate often. Oh don't worry I'm not going to be shy about getting money from you to support LLSC.

Please donate to help find a cure. Anything will help.


No comments:

Post a Comment